As you may remember, I’ve run three marathons for the American Cancer Society DetermiNation team. This year – I’m doing something similar – only longer and more painful than the past! On September 8th, I’m attempting Ironman Wisconsin – that’s a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike and a 26.2 mile run, all of which must be completed in less than 17 hours.
You can support my efforts by visiting my web site at www.andylohn.com and making a donation of whatever amount you can (Here’s a direct link to the donation page). Your donation will help the American Cancer Society save lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back.
What do you get from your donation?
- You are joining the battle against cancer.
- If you donate before 6/22/13 will be invited to the NON-Blacktie event and a chance to win $53,000.
- The first 140 people to donate will get a mile of the race dedicated to them – there are a lot of spots to fill!
- The first 50 to donate get a 0.0 bumper sticker
- Any donation $100 or more from the Twin Cities “semi”-metro area will get a thank you bottle of “Ironman Wine” bike delivered from me. There are some rules around this one (see this page for specifics). Thanks to Andy G for coming up with the idea and providing the IronMan Wine.
This year’s goals are ambitious, but as Lt. Col Mark Weber suggests, I am going to work like mad to achieve them and if we don’t make it, it’s not from lack of trying.
I hope to hear from you soon!